Medical Lift Chairs: Why Goodwin Street Medical Supply?
Here is what set’s Goodwin Medical Supply apart when it comes to medical lift chairs:
- Custom fitting. We customize each chair to the individual’s height and weight.
- Billing. We are the only place in town that bills insurance. Ask us about how Medicare can cover partial cost.
Why a Lift Chair May be a Solution for You
There are many reasons why you might consider a lift chair in your home. Here in Prescott, many folks have discovered that remaining independent is an important part of quality of life. The ability to stand and then ambulate offers the enjoyment of freedom!
Medical Reasons for a Lift Chair
Patients who are be going through recovery from surgery or illness may require assistance from a seated position. This would call for a medical lift chair suited to the individual needs of the patient.
The Aging Process and Health Conditions
We never like to think about the autumn of our life. Then we notice we are aging. There are many illnesses, disorders, and diseases, and conditions that may limit a person’s ability to be able to rise from a seated position, such as:
- Arthritis of the knees, hips or even shoulders
- Back pain
- Circulation conditions
- General weakness or restriction of movement
The Benefits of a Lift Chair
Lift chairs provide many health benefits to both to those who use them and also to caregivers. The transfer from a sitting to standing position and vice versa can become a challenging ordeal for some. A lift chair lessens the risk of injury for you and/or a caregiver. Other benefits include:
- Easy and safe transfer to and from a wheelchair
- A means of elevation of feet and legs
- A way to safely stand up after resting
- Reducing the risk of all kinds of injuries
Correct Posture is a great byproduct of using a lift chair. Good posture helps a person’s mental wellbeing. The independence a lift chair provides is also a boost to one’s self-image.
Just the Right Lift Chair for You
A member of our professional staff will be able to work with you to choose the lift chair perfectly suited for your needs. Just give us a call or visit our showroom in Prescott to rise to a higher level of care!