The Mobility Scooter that is Right for You
If you experience problems walking for extended intervals of time, you are not alone. Many of our friends here in the Prescott area have discovered a new sense of freedom and ease with a quality mobility scooter. A mobility scooter can provide the perfect solution for:
- People who find it difficult to handle a cane, walker, or crutches.
- Individuals who use oxygen and require help maintaining their energy.
- People who suffer from chronic joint pain, such as arthritis.
But what should you look for in a motor scooter? What are the features that will be the perfect fit for you?
How many Wheels?
The first feature to consider when shopping for a mobility motor scooter is: How many wheels? Here is how it breaks down:
- The four-wheeled scooter is heaviest and can serve a multitude of purposes. Such a vehicle offers more stability, enabling it to roll unpaved surfaces like dirt and gravel roads as well navigating shopping malls and large buildings.
- Three-wheeled models are lighter-weight models that perform well indoors and on sidewalks and paved roads. A three-wheeled scooter also provides a tighter-turning radius for easier maneuverability in small spaces.
- Two-wheeled scooters look much like the type of scooter that you see on the road, and they are the fastest.
Additional Considerations when Shopping for a Mobility Scooter
There are other important things to think about when looking for the scooter that is just right for you. For example:
- Can the chair be easily and quickly adjusted to move up or down?
- Does the chair provide comfortable cushion?
- Is the chair stationary or can it move toward either side?
- How long does it take to charge the battery?
- How much distance can you travel before you need to recharge the battery?
- Is there room for your legs to comfortably rest?
- How much weight can the scooter carry?
- Can the scooter easily be taken apart or folded for transportation?
- How fast can it go?
- Does the scooter size meet airline specifications?
- Who is going to service the scooter if there are problems? Goodwin Street Medical Supply—with 15 years of experience!
We Are Here to Help!
All the questions above should be resolved to your satisfaction before you purchase any mobility vehicle. Visit our store and showroom in Prescott. Our professionals will quickly and efficiently help you choose the motor scooter that will be the perfect fit for you based on your individual needs.